MODEL CODE OF CONDUCT
GOVERNMENT OF NATIONAL CAPITAL TERRITORY OF DELHI
DIRECTORATE OF EDUCATION: SCHOOL BRANCH
OLD SECRETARIAT: DELHI-llOO54
No. DE.23 (555)/Sch.Br./2014/1900
Inspite of existing Modal Code of Conduct in practice, it has come into the notice that the cases of indiscipline and mis-behaviour on the part of students are on rise. Therefore, keeping in view the gravity of this problem all the Heads of the Govt Schools are directed to ensure:-
1. That no child brings mobile phones or any electronic gadgets to the school other-wise it will confiscated and will be handed over only to the parents of the concerned students.
2. That no student brings motor vehicle like Scooty/Moped etc. in the school premises. The list of acts and mis-conducts which amount to forbidden practices is attached herewith.
Therefore, all the Heads of the Gov!. School, Govt, Aided Schools and Private recognised schools are directed to inform the students, teachers and parents about the guidelines about Code of Conduct.
The following are the acts and misconduct which amount to forbidden practices.
- Absence from classes without the permission of the teacher/Vice Principal/Principal
- Misbehaviour towards teachers or any other employee of the school
- Disobeying lawful orders of the teacher/Vice Principal/Principal
- Intentional disturbance of classes
- Bullying/Rowdyism and rude behaviour
- Eve-teasing/misbehaviour toward girl/students
- Bringing unauthorized people/article inside the school
- Bringing electronic gadgets/mobile phones in the school
- Indulging in acts of moral turpitude
- Any behaviour unbecoming of a student
- Smoking/chewing gutkha/Paan/Khiaini etc.
- Use of motor vehicle like scooty/moped/etc. by the student and bringing these in the school
- Use of drugs or intoxicant (except on prescription by a registered Medical Practitioner)
- Any form of gambling
- Theft/Pilferage of school/student's property
- Disfiguring or otherwise damaging any school property
- Spitting in or near the school building except where the spiting is made in any spittoon provided by the school
- Use of violence in any form
- Casteism, communalism or practise of untouchability
- Propagating a strike/disruption of classes
- Association with banned organizations
All these above acts of misconduct are the forbidden practices. In the above acts of misconduct principal/HOS shall take suitable action as per observation of the disciplinary committee at the school level depending upon gravity of misconduct, which may includes:
- Oral/written warning to the students and parents.
- Detention during the break for Completion of neglected classwork.
- Suspension from attending classes/school for a specified period.
- Recovery of loss through replacement to school property due to wilful damage.
- Expulsion/rustication from school for students of classes IX to XII in rarest of rare cases.