Students studied different animals to learn about their basic needs and ecosystems in which they live. Students selected an animal to observe, describe, and research, determining its basic needs and how they are met. Students then discussed different outcomes for their animals if their needs are not met. Their learning culminated in an animal report in which they predicted their animals’ future if their needs were not met and presented their predictions to the class.
Goals of the project:
- Develop the essential skills of logical thinking, creative problem solving, intellectual risk taking, and communicating
- Create an innovative product based on their findings
- Ask questions and explore theories
- Have opportunities to generate new ideas
- Use research methods to investigate animals and analyze their needs
- Gain awareness of animal characteristics and various ways to classify animals
The project covered aspects of various subjects such as EVS, English and Computers.